Saunas are known to be a relaxing, enjoyable and luxurious leisure. Many people find sauna bath to be an effective way to unwind and get rid of stress. If you are ever feeling stressed about getting the house fixed or chores done just call up your favorite Tucson garage door service and jump in the sauna for an hour.
Aside from the benefits stated earlier, studies shown that saunas bring many health advantages.
Consider the following benefits:
- Your heart rate increases by 50 to 75% every 10 to 20 minutes session of a sauna. This is a surprising result considering that this effect is equivalent to a heavy brisk walk. The reason behind is that the heat makes the blood vessels to expand large enough to accommodate and increase blood flow.
- Saunas can be an effective way to keep your skin healthy. How? Saunas make your blood vessels more flexible, therefore, there is an increase in blood circulation. Blood flow to the skin increases up to 70% and brings the nutrients to the skin tissues resulting to a more healthy skin.
- Saunas will stimulate sweating that will allow the cleansing of the skin. Since the skin is the body’s biggest organ, 30% of our body wastes are transported through it. Through sauna, detoxification process is enhanced by sweating.
- Saunas can cause us fever. It can raise your skin’s temperature up to 400C. Do you know that fever can be a good thing for our immune system? Surprised? Yes, fever induces our immune system that results in the increase in production of antibodies and white blood cells that helps in fighting diseases. The production of interferon is also increased. Interferon is an antiviral protein that helps fight cancer.
- Studies also have proven that saunas can help ease the pain caused by arthritis.
- Sauna is also good for the heart and has been proven to an effective treatment for bronchitis, chest congestion, and other respiratory diseases.
- For people having trouble in losing weight, why don’t you try sauna? Thirty minutes of sauna session a day can actually burn 300 to 500 calories, what an effective way of weight control. Imagine you do not have to exert too much effort in the gym just to lose some weight. All you have to do is relax and enjoy a sauna and leave the rest to your sweat.
- Sauna is a great place to have peace of mind. If you are tired of everyday pressures and stress, sauna offers a warm and relaxing comfort. Also, sauna is an effective way for releasing tensions that build up. The sauna will also relax your tired muscles. Stress is the number one cause of almost all diseases, so it is very important for us to have a regular ‘stress control’.
- Studies also showed that sauna helps in having deeper sleep. Many sauna bathers testified that they had a better sleep after engaging in a sauna.
Though saunas really have numerous advantages, you must understand that sauna may have a bad effect on your body, so you have to keep in your mind these safety precautions:
Thirty minutes is the maximum allowable exposure in a sauna. Staying longer will cause you dizziness and dehydration.
- Drink a lot of water after the sauna bath
- Pregnant women are not advisable to have sauna bath or any other form of a steam bath.